It is the person who wears and presents clothes for the purpose of publicity at shows and other show venues.
– makes the selection of clothes to be worn by the company at the fashion show,
– With the choreographer, pre-practice the rehearsal and the show that will be presented to the audience.
– presents the clothes prepared according to the season and the latest fashion in the showrooms, in front of the buyer company officials, accompanied by music, with its unique walking, postures and turns,
– Participates in poster and catalog shoots,
– Advertising and promotion films.
TOOLS AND MATERIALS USED
– Clothing, hats, scarves, bracelets, necklaces and similar accessories.
SPECIFICATIONS REQUIRED BY THE CAREER
Those who want to be model;
– Smooth physical structure,
they must be.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
Mannequins usually work in indoor environments, such as fashion shows, hotels, and sometimes outdoors. Especially spring-summer season catalog shoots require working outdoors. It may also be necessary for the models to travel.
While working, they communicate with company and agency managers, choreographers and colleagues.
WORKING AREAS AND WORKING OPPORTUNITIES
In line with the need for promotion due to the diversity and competitive environment in the market, with the increase of big manufacturers operating in the field of apparel, with the increase in the number of services and products in the market; Increases job opportunities for mannequins.
The rate of women in the profession is up to 70%.
Failure to protect the form, weight gain, negativity caused by the progression of age, slow motion in the movements, such as facial beauty and health deterioration, makes the modeling of the modeling profession impossible, it causes the actual working time to be short. However, due to their recognition in the fashion industry, the mannequins have a high chance of passing on to other jobs in the case of unemployment. For example: they can establish a model agency or participate in the selection and training of mannequins to be introduced to the profession in agencies, they can work in the field of public relations.
PLACES OF PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
– Short-term modeling and grace courses are organized by the public education centers and non-formal education institutions and private educational institutions.
– However, in order to be a model, the training provided by these educational institutions is not enough. What is important is to be successful in competitions organized by modeling agencies and to be included in agency catalogs. Before the competitions, the model candidates are trained by experienced models.
– In case of formation of groups of 10 people, educator and appropriate training place, short-term courses for modeling are organized by public education centers.
CONDITIONS FOR PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
– No conditions are required to enter vocational training.
DURATION AND CONTENT OF EDUCATION
– Modeling and elegance courses organized by public education centers and special education institutions and organizations can be 4, 6 or 8 months. The duration of the training offered by the modeling agencies prior to the organized competitions varies between 15-30 days according to the organizing agency.
– In the courses, knowledge and skills are gained related to the modeling profession and profession specific show style, walking, postures and turns. Model candidates participate in the competition organized by the modeling agencies. Before the competition, the candidates are trained by experienced mannequins, and gain skills in the movement specific to the profession. During the competition, the model candidates present themselves in front of a jury and present their characteristics. If they win the competition, they are included in the catalogs of the modeling agencies and the first step is taken to the modeling profession. The main training begins after that. Models start rehearsals with choreographers before the fashion show. All these studies can be considered as educational. Because in every study new presentation techniques are learned, new skills are gained and old ones are strengthened.
Mannequin agencies offer short-term training programs for models and models. On the other hand, one of the most important factors in being successful in this profession is the efforts of the models to raise themselves.
Mannequins; swimwear, fur, leather, underwear, sportswear etc. special specialties such as; they can give importance to works such as advertising film turning and photomodeling.
The mannequins may earn a profit in the range of 1/3 to 3 times the minimum wage per fashion show. Associated agencies